Jul 18, 2010

Why does misery love company?

Sometimes when things are going bad for myself it makes me feel better about my situation if I hear someone else is going through the same thing. I know I am a bad person. I do not think I am the only person that sometimes feels like this, but I don't use that for an excuse either. It is a selfish feeling, and I always feel guilty when I feel myself feeling better when I hear about someone else experiencing similar hardships to myself.

I think feelings like this come from two sources: selfishness and a longing for understanding from others about our tough situation. I'd like to think my feelings comes from the latter.

1 comment:

  1. I think it comes from the latter...knowing "you're not alone", and that others can empathize with you. Also knowing that others HAD such an experience, but made it through, helps:)

    ReplyDelete