Feb 26, 2009

Stick to Acting, Sean Penn

What is it with actors and actresses that turns what they say into gold?  What makes what they say so special?  Shouldn't they be considered some of the least educated professionals in America?  Acting school?  Drama classes?

I'm not very familiar with Sean Penn or any of the movies he's done.  And after catching glimpses of the Academy Awards highlights, I no longer have a desire to know any more about this man than I already do.
For anyone who watched the Academy Awards (I didn't), you can probably recall Sean Penn's ridiculous attempt to gain more "I'm progressive" points, when he railed once again on Prop 8 and its supporters:
For those who saw the signs of hatred as our cars drove in tonight, I think it's a good time for those who voted for the ban against gay marriage to sit and reflect on their great shame and their shame in their grandchildren's eyes if they continue that support.
The only shame I'll be feeling with my grandchildren is if somehow the liberals in the California Supreme Court overrule the democracy that took place on November 4, 2008.  Then maybe I'll feel shame in that I haven't done enough to continue to raise awareness to the issue since election day.  As of right now, I feel great pride knowing that I was part of a great stand for morals and democracy in California.

I read a post from another blog where the author appropriately responded sarcastically to Penn's speech, "I’m sure your granmother [sic] would’ve been proud sitting in a theater watching her grandson make-out with men on the silver screen for all the world to see."

Stick to acting, Sean Penn.  Apparently, you're good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment